Hour phone the doctor on duty
+380 (44) 291 59 87
Intensive care unit has 24 beds and provides around-the-clock care for patients of the «Heart Centre», whose health is fragile, high-risk unstable or stable heavy.
• Intensive care of patients after open heart surgery under cardiopulmonary bypass;
• Treatment of patients with concomitant cardiac pathology in the early postoperative period after major traumatic and no cardiac surgery;
• Preoperative treatment of patients in critical conditions, in order to stabilize the vital organs and systems;
• Round-the-clock reception in emergency procedure in patients with acute coronary syndrome, pulmonary embolism, acute heart failure, etc.;
• Qualified treatment of complications and comorbidities;
• Consultative care to the surgical departments of “Heart Center ” and any medical institutions in Ukraine;
• Providing transportation of patients in need of emergency assistance in the “Heart Center “, Ukraine.
To perform the above tasks Department staffed by qualified medical personnel and modern medical facilities and equipment. Intensive therapy for adults is located next to the operating unit, the Department of interventional cardiology. We can quickly respond to urgent calls from other departments and, if necessary, to arrive to assist in any division of the Center for 2-3 minutes. Latest stationary and mobile equipment of ICU meet international standards, performs to monitor the status of patients, to support functions of vital organs and systems.
Doctors monitor the latest developments and the introduction of new technologies in the treatment of critically ill patients. They monitor and analyze foreign periodicals in anesthesiology and intensive care (more).
Unit staff support of relatives and family members and provides them with reliable information on the state of the patient during treatment, the development of complications, etc. throughout the period of stay in intensive care, advises on the recommended mode of patient visits in the department and its activities.
Our standards of care are based on European and U.S. clinical guidelines for diagnosis and treatment. If necessary, narrow specialists are invited from leading specialized medical institutions to provide consultative help.